Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day Seventeen- Neighbors

Sometimes when I'm driving home from school or work and there is no one else on the road, I feel like I really am living in the boondocks. Once you get on Lougheed Hwy in Mission and head out this way, you pass through a number of little towns. Dewdney, Deroche, Lake Errock, Aggassiz (among others) and end in Harrison Hot Springs. Although it feels this way sometimes, I am really surrounded by neighbors. If I wanted to see into Wayne & Lucy's windows, I probably could. The property next to me is vacant but the next two houses have horses and families and have all been really friendly. The new neighbors across from me though are super nice and helpful.
This is Dax. One of two dogs. Ironically, the other dogs name is Riley (which is my last name).

The husband is a framer and had this shed up in 2 days and had the tin up and the rest finished the next day. It is very cool- where the fenceline in the middle meets it, it is divided with a wall. There is a wall in the middle as well and then it is open totally on the other side for the field behind the fence. I'm not going to lie either, it is nice having a buffer on that side of the road from the mountain!

1 comment:

  1. I'm deeply envious of your neighbor's two-day shed!!! It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete