Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day Fifteen- Free Horse

I am so frustrated with my own horse I could send him off right now and not feel bad at all (you know I wouldn't but I think we have all had that feeling every once in a while). In the past three days, he has almost dumped me numeous times on the trail (his stallion attitude has returned with a vengeance) ripped his blanket, ripped Tonka's blanket (don't worry Sarah- I'll either repair it or buy him a nice new one), bent the gate to Wayne's property trying to get food from Wayne and ripped a hole in the fence. In his defense, I am not sure the latter was completely him, but Tonka doesn't usually cause trouble, so I can only imagine. Everything is fixed to a workable state. I am fairly handy- I couldn't build a cool loafing shed in 3 days like the neighbors have, but I can fix a fence with zap straps and wire snips.

On the plus side, it's sunny today! And I have some mucho exciting news that I cannot share yet as it is dependent on a couple things, but it involves me never having to move back home ever again!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Tess -- I'm sorry that he has been causing trouble. Don't worry about the blanket...that's what happens to them. Georgia up the crazy driveway used to run a small blanket repair operation out of her house and will probably mend whatever needs mending...I think you have her number. I'll happily pay for that to return some of your sanity.

    I'm excited to hear the exciting news. You are welcome to keep Justin at our place for a while after we get back, if that helps/facilitates anything.

    ReplyDelete