Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day Fourteen- Goat Van

Today I decided that I was going to gut to goat van. The wind blows all the rain in through the door and it was squishy and gross. The goats have Sarah convinced that they are going to keel over and die if they don't have heated water and alfalfa (but only the leaves and not the stems). However, I am suspicious of this theory. They seemed pretty keen to eat their new hay bedding as soon as it was spread out. Speaking of new bedding, have you ever seen goats with short legs try to walk through fluffy hay? It is pretty comical and if it wasn't raining I would have taken some pictures.

I am starting to suspect that the inside animals are plotting my death via too much dog hair. The girls seem to get up and wander down stairs at the same time and non-nonchalantly return upstairs at the same time, while Spike (the cat) converses with them. Spike likes to hear himself talking, and likes to eat (your food more than his) and likes to take up your bed. HEY! Maybe he isn't a cat at all, maybe he is a real man! Sarah, if you stop seeing facebook updates, call someone important! The animals may have taken over.

2 comments:

  1. I give up: what is a "goat van"???

    My goats have a little goat shed (was formerly the doghouse for my neighbor's Great Dane).

    They also use Hana as a shed, standing and grazing under her belly, and moving with her so they can eat and still stay out of the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...I haven't seen an FB post in 24 hours. Should I be worried?

    AareneX -- our goats live in an old VW van. You can see it in the background of one of pictures Tess posted...currently blue, but scheduled to be painted in big orange flowers next summer.

    ReplyDelete