Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day Eleven

Four steps to ensure that two lazy horses get the exercise they need:

  • Turn them out in the pasture and leave the gate to the paddock open.
  • Make sure one (who happens to be white) stands along the fence line so that he can see the property across the street. The other one must be at the end of the pasture, eating non-nonchalantly.
  • Watch as the neighbors SIX (I lied yesterday) horses come galloping into the field beside the road.
  • This is when the exercise required will be excused.

In case you were wondering, everyone survived. There was just a little running involved. Tonka was more of an excited trot up to the fence, Justin galloped around like no one's business (which isn't surprising, because he thinks he is still a stallion).
The boys checkin them out.

Justin is protecting hay and watching the neighbors. He is a multi-tasker.

Goats eye view.

It's raining again today, and they are actually calling for a break in it today and hopefully tomorrow sometime. I complain about the rain alot, but I actually like it more than I like the summer. I would rather layer up to stay warm than have to strip down to stay cool! Doing things in the rain motivates me to do them fast so that I can get out of it quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment