Friday, January 22, 2010

Dogs & Ducks





It has been ridiculously sunny and warm here for the past five days. I think the highest we got in the sun was about 13 degrees. The rain is supposed to return tomorrow, but I'm ok with that. I got everything done that I needed to- moved the manure pile back, rode the horse (and finally did some jumping), cleaned the garage and a long list of other things.

I took the inside dogs (Tilly and Willow) for a walk today and Titan jumped the fence to try to follow, although it was just as we were walking past the neighbors ducks and chickens, so there was a little extra incentive to go over. He came back to me almost right away, which I was most thankful for as he chases cars and the cars come speeding through every once in a while. I locked him in his dog house for an hour or two as 'punishment' but he is really not very smart, so I doubt he got anything out of that experience.

The neighbours across the street put sand down as a paddock for their horses but it is wide and long enough to ride in. Yesterday I went over there and rode Justin. He was a lot better than I expected for only being ridden in an arena like 4 times over the past 3 months. I got on their palomino horse after I was done with Justin and it was fun. I love riding western and I use any chance I get to jump on a horse, trained or not, in a western saddle.

Just a heads up, I'm thinking of adding more stuff to the blog as a way of updating more. It will still be based around the farm and the animals and the goings on here at FF, but I will probably post some other things as well.

Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're having good weather up there!

    Are those lead ropes as dog leashes? I do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope...those are actual leashes. I do however use the horse leads all the time! They are much longer than the leashes and give Willow a chance to go a little further. Tilly stays close because she can't see anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad Ty! Where did he jump? Glad he was good about coming back to you, at least. I think he, like Funder, would like to eat some duck.

    ReplyDelete