Sunday, March 7, 2010

Updating

Well, it's been way too long hasn't it? There is much news here and if I wrote it all in one post it would take a while.

Tilley started having seizures last month and we seem to have them under control again. If you have never seen or been with a dog while they are having seizures, consider yourself lucky. It's something I hope that I don't have to deal with again. She started on two pills a day of phenobarbitol, but I have managed to reduce that to half a pill twice a day and she is showing no signs of seizures again. The medicine is making her a little more confused than normal, but other than that, she is back to the same pre-seizure dog.

Yesterday I took the tank de-icer out of the tank and started de-wintering the farm and then I come inside to hear it might SNOW on Tuesday night?!?!? How does that even make sense? The past week has been above 10 almost every day.

We've passed the half point of this six month adventure, with Sarah and David estimating a return date of May 15th. This whirlwind of time on Farcical Farm has gone by sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It has been stressful, frustrating, confusing but overall amazing and I officially love all these animals as if they were my own- Tonka (the horse), Spike, Hazel, and Pipsqueak (Cats), Willow, Tilley and Titan (doggies), Timbit, Morsel and Ronald McNugget (the goats) and even the little fishies in the pond out front.

No comments:

Post a Comment